Corona Virus & Staying Safe
There is no known cure for the virus so far, therefore all we can do is manage and prevent further spread of the virus. Those infected mostly recieve what is referred to as, “relieve care” to treat the symptoms and those with severe illness receive, “optimized supportive care.” Some specific treatments are under investigation and will be tested through clinical trials. The World Health Organization is helping accelerate research and development efforts with a range of partners.
How Do We Protect Ourselves?
Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others. By now, you already know the drill. But let us just remind you:
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, with plenty of soap and water. We can’t stress the importance of this enough. If you don’t have access to water and soap, get a hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol composition for maximum effect.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposal tissue or flexed elbow when you
cough or sneeze. Let us mind other people’s well being and we’ll be able to pull through this.
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell. Your social space is very important, your safe zone so to speak. The virus won’t spread by itself, we are the ones spreading it.
- Stay at home and self-isolate from others if you feel unwell. Again, the virus won’t spread by itself, we are the ones spreading it so please stay at home. There are so many things you can catch up on, from movies and series, books, cooking and hobbies.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean. If you can, avoid touching your face altogether. It’s not easy but you can do it.
- Eat healthy. Let us boost our immune systems. It comes in handy when fighting any and every virus that attacks the body.
We hope we’ll have a cure developed soon, but till then, stay safe and let’s take care of each other, just like we, the #CancerSoldiers always do it.
Also, let us repent, just in case we all catch it and die. Lol! Just kidding.
Take care of your health and protect others.
Stay well informed on developments about COVID-19 from reputable sources and follow advice given on how to best protect yourself and others.